Please Read Before Submitting to High School VAC
Registration for 2023 is now closed.
All high school students living in or attending high school in Moraga, Orinda, or Lafayette and/or Acalanes Union High School District, including Las Lomas High School, are invited to participate.
- Students may submit only one art piece per category, but may enter more than one category.
- Entries in 2D, Photography, and Digital Artwork categories may not exceed 36" x 36" or 36" x 48". 3D Artwork may not exceed 36" in height.
- Artwork must be created while the student attends high school (9-12 grade). During the registration process, students will be asked to list their teacher’s name for artwork that was created in class during school. We want to acknowledge the contribution of Art Teachers on behalf of our students and community. Artwork that was created outside of school may be submitted as long as the work was done while attending high school.
- Artwork must be of the student's own creation and not produced in collaboration with others (except in guidance from a teacher).
- Artwork must be the student's own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material.
- The Lamorinda Arts Council, which maintains the physical gallery space and the online gallery, requires that all artwork displayed must be appropriate for patrons of all ages. When making a recommendation regarding works of art for possible inclusion in its exhibits and programs, the Lamorinda Arts Council shall consider whether the artwork:
- Provokes thought, ignites creativity, and reflects the diverse social, cultural, or historic values of the Lamorinda community.
- Furthers the principles of equity, inclusiveness, and freedom of expression.
- Augments and enhances the distinguished contributions of local and regional artists to the Lamorinda Arts Council and the cities of Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda.
- Does no contain religious iconography intended to be perceived as government endorsement of religion in violation of the Establishment Clause of the Federal and State Constitutions.
- Would not, when displayed, create a hostile work environment for public employees.
- Does no depict graphic violence or overt sexual activity.
- Artwork will be approved for display at the discretion of the Lamorinda Arts Council and the City of Orinda. If you have questions about the suitability of your content, contact the curator.