Remember that your art will be displayed at a professional art exhibit. Presentation and preparation is important, and your 2D art, Digital art, and/or Photograph will show better if nicely framed.
2D Artwork, Photography, and Digital Design hanging preparation must meet the requirements for the Art Gallery at the Orinda Library’s two different hanger systems:
- Both systems require wall art to have a wire spanning the entire width of the back side of the piece. This includes both framed and unframed artwork.
- On framed artwork, wires fastened to flat eye-hooks need to be taut and optimally about 4-5” from the top of the painting (this is so the top of the painting doesn’t swing out from the wall.)
- NO GLASS frames will be accepted. Lightweight Plexi/Acrylic frames are okay.
- Please do not use saw-toothed hangers, which will not work with the gallery hanging system.
- Unframed foam core and cardboard mounted artwork also require wires or strings that span the back. The wires or strings should be secured with industrial strength glue (preferably glued with a glue gun) and strong duct tape to keep them in place.
Please have all hanging artwork with wire installed and ready for hanging before turning in artwork for the competition. NO artwork will be accepted unless it meets the above requirements* (For detailed hanging instructions, click here.)
Due to our limited space, the artwork dimensions may not exceed 36” x 48” rectangular or 36” x 36” square in size. Anything larger will not be accepted.
Artwork Drop Off - Friday, March 3rd & Saturday, March 4th, 2023
Artwork will be received on March 3 from 4-6pm & March 4 from 10am-noon at the Art Gallery at the Orinda Library.
Teachers can make appointments to drop off at alternative times on these dates if needed.
Artwork Pick Up - Saturday, April 1st & Sunday, April 2nd, 2023
Artwork can be picked up on April 1st & April 2nd (specific times TBD) at the Art Gallery at the Orinda Library.
Teachers can make appointments to pick up at alternative times on these dates if needed.
Please do not take away student artwork before the official artwork pick-up time! Each returned piece needs to be recorded and signed out. THESE ARE THE ONLY DAYS TO PICKUP YOUR ARTWORK. Please make arrangements (with a parent, friend or teacher) if you are unable to pick-up your artwork on either of these days.
Artwork Release of Liability
The Lamorinda Arts Council is proud of our stewardship of the students’ artwork and quite strict in documenting the receipt and return of the numerous pieces of artwork processed by our all-volunteer staff. Video surveillance, funded in part by the Lamorinda Arts Council, is installed at the Orinda Library Art Gallery to insure the security of your artwork. However, the Lamorinda Arts Council and City of Orinda do require that you agree to a release of liability during the online registration process.