Lamorinda SuperShorts 2021
A Three-Minute Movie Challenge
Submissions for Lamorinda SuperShorts 2021 are now closed.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2nd annual Lamorinda SuperShorts 3-minute Movie Challenge!
To view the Finalists' films in each category, click HERE! Links to additional films will be added soon to showcase all the amazing talent and creativity of the filmmakers of all ages who entered the festival.
To view the recording of our online awards show from 5/19/21, click HERE.
What is the 3-Minute Movie Challenge?
To relieve the stress of staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic, what better activity than to become a filmmaker? Participants are asked to make a film up to three minutes long that safely respects national, state, and county protocols.
Creativity is encouraged, and all types of films are welcome - drama, comedy, day-in-the-life, documentary, musical, animation, claymation, etc. Films may be submitted in categories by age.
- Youth (under 18)
- Adults (18+)
- Family (for collaborative efforts including family members of all ages)
Awards and Prizes:
- Enter your film by Friday, May 14th at midnight on FilmFreeway (info below)
- Each of the top 3 films by category receives a $20 gift card and the top film in each category will also receive a hard cover fine art book
- Winning films will be showcased in a live Virtual Film Festival Awards Show on Wednesday, May 19th at 7pm.
- Films will be posted to the Lamorinda Arts Council YouTube channel and publicized through the Lamorinda Arts Council website and social media channels.
- Shoot on any device including cell phone, tablet, or camera.
- Run 3 minutes or less.
- Shoot according to national, state, and county protocols for social distancing, etc.
- In person collaboration outside the household of the primary filmmaker is not permitted, but virtual collaborations are OK.
- All genres encouraged - drama, comedy, documentary, day-in-the-life, musical, animation, claymation, etc.
- Films must be G-rated and suitable for all audiences.
- Eligible submissions are from anyone who lives or works in Lamorinda, or attends a Lamorinda school (including Acalanes High School District).
- We will accept one submission per person per category
Thank you to award winning filmmaker, Adarsh Gupta for leading our Filmmaker Workshop on Monday, April 12th! Adarsh discussed storytelling and the creative process in making a film. You can see examples of his work HERE on Vimeo.
Submit your three-minute movies via Film Freeway.
Submission deadline is Friday, May 14th at midnight.
Winners will be announced Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 at 7pm.
Entries are $5 per film; unlimited entries accepted. Upload your movie @ https://filmfreeway.com/LamorindaSuperShorts.
(If the entry fee presents a barrier to submission, please contact us here and let us know.)