A Two-Minute Movie Challenge
What is it?
The Lamorinda SuperShorts event took place during the mandated Shelter-in-Place period during the months of April and May. To relieve the stress of staying home, what better activity than to become a filmmaker! Participants were asked to make a two-minute film that safely respects quarantine protocols during the Bay Area Shelter-in-Place period. Creativity was encouraged and all types of films were welcome - drama, comedy, day-in-the-life, documentary, musical, animation, claymation, etc. Films were submitted in categories by age.
Submission Categories by Age :
- Youth (under 18)
- Adults (18+)
- Family (for collaborative efforts including youth and adults)
Awards and Prizes:
- Winners notified by June 1st
- Each of the top 3 films by category received a $20 gift card
- Winning films were displayed on YouTube and publicized through the Lamorinda Arts Council website and its social media channels.
- Shot on a cell phone or tablet.
- Run 2 minutes or less.
- Be shot according to shelter in place protocols of social distancing.
- In person collaboration outside the "household" of the primary filmmaker is not permitted.
- Virtual collaborations are OK. (SIP must be respected.)
- All type of films encouraged - drama, comedy, documentary, day-in-the-life, musical, animation, claymation, etc.
- Films must be G rated and suitable for all audiences.
- Eligible submissions are from anyone who lives or works in Lamorinda, or attends a Lamorinda school (including Acalanes High School District).
Special Thanks to our Sponsor, Realtor Alison Luce
Submit your two-minute movies via Film Freeway
Winners will be announced June 1st.
Entries are $5 per film; unlimited entries accepted. Upload your movie @ https://filmfreeway.com/LamorindaSuperShorts.
(If the entry fee presents a barrier to submission, please contact us here and let us know.)