Lamorinda SuperShorts 2021
A Three-Minute Movie Challenge
Lamorinda SuperShorts will take place from February to April, 2021.
What is it?
To relieve the stress of staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic, what better activity than to become a filmmaker? Participants are asked to make a film up to three minutes long that safely respects national, state, and county protocols.
Creativity is encouraged, and all types of films are welcome - drama, comedy, day-in-the-life, documentary, musical, animation, claymation, etc. Films may be submitted in categories by age.
- Youth (under 18)
- Adults (18+)
- Family (for collaborative efforts including youth and adults in the same household)
Awards and Prizes:
- Winners notified by April 5th
- Each of the top 3 films by category receives a $20 gift card
- Winning films will be showcased in a live virtual film festival in April, posted to the Lamorinda Arts Council YouTube channel, and publicized through the Lamorinda Arts Council website and social media channels.
- Shot on any device including cell phone, tablet, or camera.
- Run 3 minutes or less.
- Be shot according to national, state, and county protocols for social distancing, etc.
- In person collaboration outside the household of the primary filmmaker is not permitted, but virtual collaborations are OK.
- All genres encouraged - drama, comedy, documentary, day-in-the-life, musical, animation, claymation, etc.
- Films must be G-rated and suitable for all audiences.
- Eligible submissions are from anyone who lives or works in Lamorinda, or attends a Lamorinda school (including Acalanes High School District).
Submit your three-minute movies via Film Freeway between Feb. 22 and Mar. 26, 2021
Winners will be announced April 5th, 2021.
Entries are $5 per film; unlimited entries accepted. Upload your movie @ https://filmfreeway.com/LamorindaSuperShorts.
(If the entry fee presents a barrier to submission, please contact us here and let us know.)
Lamorinda SuperShorts 2020
A Two-Minute Movie Challenge
The first-ever Lamorinda SuperShorts event took place during the mandated Shelter-in-Place period during the months of April and May, 2020.
Winners of the 2020 contest can be viewed HERE in the Winners' Archive.