How to Request an Exhibit at a Lamorinda Arts Council Gallery
Artwork Eligibility. The Art Gallery at the Orinda Library and the Art Gallery at Wilder Art are public spaces visited by patrons of all ages. When making a recommendation regarding works of art for possible inclusion in its exhibits and programs, the Lamorinda Arts Council shall consider whether the artwork:
- Provokes thought, ignites creativity, and reflects the diverse social, cultural, or historic values of the Lamorinda community.
- Furthers the principles of equity, inclusiveness, and freedom of expression.
- Augments and enhances the distinguished contributions of local and regional artists to the Lamorinda Arts Council and the cities of Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda.
- Does not contain religious iconography intended to be perceived as government endorsement of religion in violation of the Establishment Clause of the Federal and State Constitutions.
- Would not, when displayed, create a hostile work environment for public employees.
- Does not depict graphic violence or overt sexual activity.
Artwork will be approved for display at the discretion of the Lamorinda Arts Council and the City of Orinda. If you have questions about the suitability of your content, contact the curator of the Art Gallery at the Orinda Library here, and/or the curator of the Art Gallery at Wilder here.
Online Galleries and Video Previews
Starting in July 2020, we began offering exhibiting artists the option to submit a selection of their work to display and sell in our Online Galleries during the month of their scheduled in-person exhibit. Artists may also wish to submit a Video Preview of their work, which will be uploaded to our YouTube channel. For tips on preparing your Video Preview, click here to view a memorandum on How to Video Art, or click here to view the Video Tutorial.
Artists interested in displaying their work should do the following:
- Visit the gallery in which you wish to exhibit. The Art Gallery at the Orinda Library is located at 26 Orinda Way. The Art Gallery at Wilder is located at the Wilder Art and Garden Center at 20 Orinda Fields Lane. Gallery dimensions and photos of each gallery can be found on the Gallery Dimensions page.
- Review the Exhibit Schedule for the gallery in which you wish to exhibit to select a suitable opening. Links to the exhibit schedules for both galleries can be found here. Please examine these schedules so that you can indicate your preference of available slots when you submit your request to exhibit. However, requesting a particular month is not a gaurantee that it is available. The curators will let you know if your requested month is available and if not what other openings exist.
- Review the terms and conditions of the liability waiver. Click here to download the Liability Release form. The artist must sign the release form and list your art on the back with the price of each piece. The release form and full list of art on display must be delivered with the art on the installation date and given to a representative of the Lamorinda Arts Council.
- Submit your request for an exhibit here.