Thank you for your interest in Art Embraces Words. In order to be considered for selection as an artist in our series, please fill out the online form below. Please read the following important information first.
Information for Artist Participants in Live Programs and Zoom Webinars:
- Visual art presented, whether in a Live Program or Zoom Webinar must be G-rated and appropriate for all ages in a Library setting. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two to three artist presenters are scheduled at each Live program or Zoom Webinar; occasionally we invite a national or international guest artist. Artist presenters are alternated with writer presenters by our emcee. On the Zoom video feed, artists are visible to the Audience. In Live Programs, artists are asked to show up 1 hour prior to start time so still shots & video of their artwork can be taken and our curator, Bill Carmel, can place the artwork.
- For Live Programs you will be introduced by our Emcee and asked to speak about your artwork for 10 minutes. A Q&A from the audience follows. In Zoom Webinars, you will be introduced by our Emcee and attendees will view a slideshow of your original artwork described below. After the slideshow our emcee will field questions from the audience about your work. Be prepared to answer questions about the works you are showing whether it is a Live Program or a Zoom Webinar.
- For Live Programs we ask each artist to deliver 3 visual artworks to the event, plus a headshot for promotional purposes. For Zoom Webinars we ask each artist to provide three high resolution photographs of original artwork and a headshot. Artwork can include any mixture of: ceramics, sculpture, collage, acrylic paintings, watercolors, oil paintings, fabric art, drawings, lino prints, digital art, mixed media or photographs.
- For Live Programs, the stills and videos of your artwork will be made into a video on the LAC YouTube channel. For Zoom Webinars, your photos will be made into a slideshow presentation and displayed on the LAC YouTube channel for all to see.
- For each artwork you provide for a Live Program we need a printed label with: your name, title of artwork, size, media and price - if not for sale we will list it as "NFS." For each artwork photograph you provide for a Zoom Webinar, we need your name, title, size, media and price - if not for sale we will list it as "NFS."
- Live Programs will usually take place on a Saturday; Zoom Webinars will usually take place on a Sunday.
- Selected Panelists will be notified by email five or more days prior to the event and asked to confirm via email as soon as possible.
- You will receive a Program via email prior to the event showing the exact lineup of readers and artists who will be introduced whether the event is a Live Program or a Zoom Webinar.
- Approximately five programs are scheduled throughout the calendar year. Submissions are considered on a rolling deadline. This means your application may be accepted for the next scheduled program or future programs.
- For Live Programs you will have reserved front row seating and be introduced to the Emcee in advance.
- For Zoom Webinars we will email you the Panelists Zoom link within 48 hours the event. Do not forward this link for audience members you wish to invite as it is reserved for Panelists only.
- For Zoom Webinars we will email you an Audience Zoom link separately.
- The entire Zoom Webinar Program is recorded, reduced in length, and made available on our website.
- Photographs and video taken at Live Programs will be condensed and made available on our website.
- View videos of both artists work from Live Programs and both writer and artist presentations from Zoom Webinar recordings in our video archive HERE.