Thank you for your interest in Art Embraces Words (AEW). In order to be considered for selection as an artist in our series, please fill out the online form below. Please read the following important information first.
Information for Artist Participants
- Two artist presenters will be selected to exhibit their work. Artist presenters are alternated with writer presenters by our Emcee. Artists are asked to show up 1 hour prior to start time so still shots & video of their artwork can be taken and Curator Bill Carmel can place your artwork.
- On the online form below, please provide a short summary of your artistic activities. We will use this information for two purposes: 1) to promote you in advance of the Program; 2) for listing in the AEW program on the day of the event; and 3) for Emcee Linda Hartmann to introduce you during the event.
- Artwork can include any mixture visual art such as collage, acrylic paintings, watercolors, oil paintings, fabric art, drawings, lino prints, digital art, mixed media or photographs. Visual art presented must be G-rated and appropriate for all ages in a library setting. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- Selected presenters will be notified by email five or more days prior to the event and asked to confirm via email as soon as possible.
- You will receive a printed program via email prior to the event showing the exact lineup of readers and artists scheduled to participate.
- Four events are scheduled throughout the calendar year. Submissions are considered on a rolling deadline. This means your application may be accepted for the next scheduled event or future events.
- In-person events in 2023 will take place on Saturdays from 2:00 to 3:30 pm.
- We ask each artist to deliver a minimum of three visual artworks to the event, plus a digital headshot prior to the program for promotional purposes.
- For each artwork you plan to present, we need a printed label with: your name, title of artwork, size, media and price - if not for sale we will list it as "NFS."
- You will have reserved seating and be introduced to the Emcee in advance.
- You will be introduced by Emcee Linda Hartmann and asked to speak about your artwork for up to 10 minutes. A Q&A with the audience follows.
- Photographs and video taken may be made available on our website and social media channels.