Thank you for your interest in Art Embraces Words. In order to be considered for selection as a writer in our series, please fill out the online form below. Please read the following important information first.
Information for Writer Participants in Live Events and Zoom Webinars:
- Three writers will be selected to read their work. A fourth writer will be selected as an alternate if a selected writer is unable to attend.
- On the online form below, please provide a short summary of your literary activities. We will use this information for two purposes: 1) in the Art Embraces Words program and 2) for our Emcee to introduce you during the event.
- Word count of your selection is limited to 1250 words and must be attached with online submission. Content must be G-rated. Self-promotion is limited to your website address and a pointer to where your book or article is available. Your participation in this event is as a writer and reader only. This is not a forum for promotional offers. If you have any questions regarding the content of your writing piece please contact us here.
- Writers will be given up to 10 minutes for the entirety of their reading, plus time before and after for an intro and Q&A.
- Selected panelists will be notified by email five or more days prior to the event and asked to confirm via email as soon as possible.
- You will receive a program via email prior to the event showing the exact lineup of readers and artists who are scheduled to participate.
- Approximately five events are scheduled throughout the calendar year. Submissions are considered on a rolling deadline. This means your application may be accepted for the next scheduled event or future events.
- Live events in 2022 will take place on a Saturday; Zoom webinars in 2022 will take place on a Sunday.
- For live events:
- You will have reserved seating and be introduced to the Emcee in advance.
- Photographs and video taken may be made available on our website and social media channels.
- For Zoom webinars:
- We will email you the panelists' Zoom link within 48 hours the event. Do not forward this link for audience members you wish to invite as it is reserved for panelists only.
- We will email you an audience Zoom link separately to share with your friends, family, and followers.
- The entire event is recorded, edited for length, and made available on our website and YouTube channel.
- View our August 30, 2020 webinar HERE. View our July 19, 2020 webinar HERE.