Thank you for your interest in Art Embraces Words. In order to be considered for selection as a writer in our series, please fill out the online form below. Please read the following important information first.
Information for Writer Participants in Zoom Webinars:
- Five writers will be selected to read their works. A sixth writer will be selected as an alternate if a selected writer is unable to attend.
- You must provide a one sentence writer bio.
- Word count is limited to 1250 words, and must be attached with online submission. Content must be G-rated. If you have any questions regarding the content of your writing piece please contact us here.
- Writers will be given up to 10 minutes for the entirety of their reading, plus time for an intro with author and Q&A.
- Programs will always take place on a Sunday.
- Selected Panelists will be notified by email five or more days prior to the event and asked to confirm via email as soon as possible.
- You will receive a Program via email prior to the event showing the exact lineup of readers and artists who will be introduced.
- Approximately five programs are scheduled throughout the calendar year. Submissions are considered on a rolling deadline. This means your application may be accepted for the next scheduled program or future programs.
- We will email you the Panelists Zoom link within 48 hours the event. Do not forward this link for audience members you wish to invite as it is reserved for Panelists only.
- We will email you an Audience Zoom link separately.
- The entire program is recorded, reduced in length, and made available on our website.
- Check back soon for the Aug 30 recorded program link.
- View our July 19, 2020 program HERE.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Contra Costa County Libraries are closed for entry but curbside pickup of books is allowed.