Thank you for your interest in Creating in Place! This virtual gallery welcomes Bay Area artists to exhibit and optionally sell their work created at home or in studio during the Covid-19 shelter-in-place period starting in mid-March 2020 and continuing throughout the pandemic period. The Creating in Place gallery space is an outlet to show the work you have created during these unusual times and to inspire others to make art from the comfort of home.
To submit your piece to the Creating in Place virtual gallery, please complete the online form by clicking the icon at the top of the page. And if you have any questions, please contact us HERE.
- Works must have been created after March 15th, 2020.
- Any visual form of art is permitted, including works on paper, canvas, sculpture, pottery, etc. We cannot display video media / film.
- Content must be appropriate for all ages.
- Each artist may submit one piece initially, and if that piece is purchased, you may submit a new piece.
- As pieces are sold, payments will be made through the LAC website and then forwarded to the artist. Sales price set by the artist is subject to CA state tax, which will be included in the sales price listed in the gallery.
- LAC will retain a 20% commission on all works sold, as well as $10 per piece for display. These funds support the volunteer-led efforts and programs of the Lamorinda Arts Council. If the amounts charged for commission and submission present a barrier to participation, please contact us HERE to let us know.
- Delivery of the artwork after sale will be arranged between the artist and purchaser, following all applicable social distancing rules. Artists will specify their preferred delivery option(s) (local pickup, domestic and/or international shipping) and will work directly with the purchaser to collect the necessary shipping fees if applicable.