Congratulations on being selected as a Finalist in Lamorinda Idol 2021!
Here are important dates to remember:
June 1: Finalists Announced
June 15: Workshop #1
June 22: Workshop #2
June 27: In person concert at Lafayette Plaza*
June 29: Workshop #3
July 6: Workshop #4
July 13: Workshop #5
July 20: In person concert at Orinda Community Park*
Aug 7: OMPA national anthem (OMPA swimmers only)*
Aug 13: In person Finals rehearsal*
Aug 15: In person Finals performance at Orinda Theatre*
*In-person activities will be subject to the COVID related safety measures applicable at the time of each event.
Click HERE to participate in up to two free 15-minute Zoom workshops with Rena Wilson from Performing Academy!
Each finalist is limited to 2 workshop sessions. Students can log in for the whole hour as an observer (muted with their cameras off), or they can just log in at their designated time slot.
Workshop attendees will be sent a link to the workshop a few days prior to the workshop date.
If a singer needs to cancel their workshop session, they should provide a prompt email notice to Steve Harwood and Rena Wilson at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and remove their name from the SignUp Genius page.
Prior to the singers’ workshops, participants should:
- Be prepared to sing live to a karaoke track set up on a separate device with a quality speaker. The song can be any song of the singer’s choosing.
- Test the balance between the singing and the back-up music.
- Change the name of the Zoom screen to be the name of the singer.
- Change the Zoom settings as follows.
- Go to “Audio Settings.”
- Click "Advanced" button in the lower right of that window.
- Click the box next to "show in-meeting option for original sound from microphone."
- Change the drop-down settings to “Disable” for "Suppress Persistent Background Noise" and "Suppress Intermittent Background Noise," and to "Aggressive" for “Echo.”
- On the main screen, click on “Turn on Original Sound.”
Any questions? Email email@example.com.