Congratulations on being selected as a Finalist or Runner-Up in Lamorinda Idol 2023!
Here is a summary of important links:
- LINK to pay Finalist or Runner-Up participation fees (or mail a check to Lamorinda Arts Council, PO Box 121, Orinda, CA, 94563)
LINK to sign up to participate in summer activities (pool party, concerts)
LINK for soloists to sign up for online workshops
LINK to sign up for parent volunteer roles
NOTE: For the Finals, duplication of songs will not be permitted, and there will be a registration process for song choices, on a first-come first-served basis. Please register your song choice ASAP by emailing it to email@example.com.
Important dates to remember:
June 13: Workshop #1
June 17: Pool Party & Parent Meeting at Steve Harwood's home*
June 20: Workshop #2
June 23: Outdoor concert at Lafayette Plaza Park*
June 27: Workshop #3
July 11: Workshop #4
July 13: Outdoor concert at Orinda Community Center Park*
July 18: Workshop #5
July 25: Workshop #6
July 29: OMPA national anthem (OMPA swimmers only)*
Aug 2: Outdoor concert at Moraga Commons*
Aug 18: In person Finals rehearsal* (Finalists only)
Aug 20: In person Finals performance at Orinda Theatre* (Finalists only)
*In-person activities will be subject to the COVID related safety measures applicable at the time of each event.
Each finalist is limited to 2 workshop sessions. Students can log in for the whole hour as an observer (muted with their cameras off), or they can just log in at their designated time slot.
Workshop attendees will be sent a link to the workshop a few days prior to the workshop date.
If a singer needs to cancel their workshop session, they should provide a prompt email notice to Steve Harwood and Rena Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and remove their name from the SignUp Genius page.
Prior to the singers’ workshops, participants should:
- Be prepared to sing live to a karaoke track set up on a separate device with a quality speaker. The song can be any song of the singer’s choosing.
- Test the balance between the singing and the back-up music.
- Change the name of the Zoom screen to be the name of the singer.
- Change the Zoom settings as follows.
- Go to “Audio Settings.”
- Click "Advanced" button in the lower right of that window.
- Click the box next to "show in-meeting option for original sound from microphone."
- Change the drop-down settings to “Disable” for "Suppress Persistent Background Noise" and "Suppress Intermittent Background Noise," and to "Aggressive" for “Echo.”
- On the main screen, click on “Turn on Original Sound.”
Any other questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.